Sunday, January 4, 2009

Richard Avedon

Richard Avedon was one of the greatest portrait and fashion photographers of all time. I think that without question, his sensibility towards his subjects combined with clarity of vision, technical mastery and a relentless passion and work ethic has resulted in pictures that have changed our perception of portraiture forever. "If a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up," he said in 1970. "I know that the accident of my being a photographer has made my life possible." Unfortunately Richard Avedon passed away in 2004 at the age of 81.
To learn more about this great master, visit his website.

The video here does a fine job of showcasing some of his best work.

No comments:

Post a Comment